Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Jadon!

Today my little buddy turns 1 year old. Being a part of his first year has been a very important part of my life and I hope to continue the relationship I've built with him for many, many years to come. When Jadon was 4 months old his Mommy had two brain bleeds and fell into a coma. I travelled an hour each way, every day, Monday through Friday to take care of him for a few hours so his Daddy could go to the hospital. Finally Heather woke up but took a few weeks to battle pneumonia, two bacterial infections and a major blood clot in her leg that required surgery. She had brain damage from the severe brain swelling while she was in a coma so plans were made for her to go to a severe brain rehab center. She was due to go on Thursday but on Wednesday morning another blood clot travelled to her lung and she passed away. Jadon was just 6 months old. My cousin, his Daddy, was devestated. Not only was he dealing with the loss of the love of his life but he was now a 26 year old single father. I continued to go up and take care of Jadon Monday through Friday so that Jeremy could go and get out of the house and try to deal with things, or if he had errands to run or plain want to take a nap. He was free to do as he pleased and I just fell more and more in love with this little guy. A few months later I started going once a week and still continue to do so now. Watching Jadon grow makes me miss my own childrens' early years. He's such a good baby and he loves to give his "Aunt Bridgey" cuddles and I take every cuddle I get. I am in the middle of making his birthday present which I don't have finished yet due to all the craft fairs but I shall have by the end of this week. Plus I need to pick up his toy present as I've been eyeing a few things for months now trying to decide on the perfect present! Here are a few photos of his birthday. Love you little buddy, Happy Birthdayd!



No comments:

Post a Comment