Monday, August 16, 2010

Taggies, wipes and bibs!

The last few days have been busy and I've been working on a few things. Today was our sewing 'club' and although I didn't actually sew anything I did cut my spools of ribbons into 5" and 4" strips and bag them up to make transporting them and making taggie blankets, blocks and balls easier. I also pieced together my reusable baby wipes I had decided to try. When I got home tonight I actually sewed the wipes together and took photos and am now ready to post on what I've been working on. The bibs I made have 100% cotton on one side and terry cloth on the other. I snitched one of Jadon's bibs and traced it onto paper to make a pattern. Here he is enjoying it!



Here are the other two I made. I love the owl!



So where I cut the head out the shape that came out of it was sort of whale like or tear drop. I decided they were the perfect size for some reusable wipes for babies or children. The top is soft flannel and the bottom is terry cloth. They are the perfect size for wiping dirty faces, runny noses, scrapped knees and everything in between. Throw them in the wash and reuse!



Last but not least are the five taggie blankets I made for my order. She chose the polka dots and the weiner dog blankets! I'll put the other three up for sale or save for our craft table this fall.






No comments:

Post a Comment